Thursday, August 27, 2009

IN SUMMARY

The most important thing I learned in the Betty Blogger summer school is that it's a mistake to dismiss things out of hand. I was in too much of a hurry to see Web 2.0 as "social" silliness ... several of the tools that we were introduced to could be very useful. In particular, the productivity tools, wikis, rss feeds and cataloguing tools will be of immediate use to me.

The most challenging part of Betty Blogger was keeping track of my user name, real name, display name, e-mail addresses and passwords. The registration organization chart that was supplied was a big help but I still had some trouble.

The "self-directed" learning model worked well for me. It was helpful to have the freedom of choosing which day in the week to do the assignments while still having a deadline that forced me to get down to it.

The Betty Blogger summer school did fulfill my expectations. I'd been wanting to have a better understanding of the various tools available but I didn't know where to start and I didn't have the time to figure out what I was missing. This "guided tour" has made it easy to learn the basics, a little at a time, while also giving me a glimpse of what else might be possible with further investigation.

As well, Betty Blogger's slightly silly and very supportive approach served to keep it all fun and light - as opposed to high tech and slightly scary.

If you were to run this program again I would be happy to recommend it to a friend.

Thank you very much
Hurdler 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big lumpy dog with ball

Big lumpy dog with ball
"How many more hurdles?"